Live the good life! Earn while you learn getting hands-on experience in agricultural machinery – a sector with unbreakable career prospects, unmatched variety and unbeatable locations and lifestyle.
A Ramsey Bros Apprenticeship is your gateway to a career as an Agricultural Service Technician. You will be working alongside qualified Technicians, to learn the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of maintaining the complex systems in a wide range of farm machinery. Your experience will be as broad as possible through hands-on work, manufacturer training and the Apprentice Exchange Program. We provide:
- A supportive team environment with highly experienced mentors.
- Regular Apprentice Exchange Program deployment across our branch network, providing exposure to a wider range of machinery types, service techniques and hands-on experience.
- An annual Apprentice of the Year Award, with an awards event for apprentices and their guests.
- Factory training from world-leading brands including Case IH, JCB, Morris and more.
- Six locations across South Australia.
- A generous Career Accelerator program for leading Apprentices.
- Ongoing training, career and advancement opportunities.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
The Apprentice Program is an accredited four-year program that will see you advance from new entrant to fully qualified Service Technician.
It includes hands-on experience in our workshops and in the field, as well as approximately three weeks of TAFE study per quarter.
Over the course of your apprenticeship, you will earn nationally recognised qualifications in agricultural machinery and heavy diesel servicing.
By your third year you will be capable of working independently to complete maintenance and repairs.
You will also be able to specialise in an area that interests you – such as engines, combine harvesters, boom sprayers, balers, etc.
You may be offered a Career Accelerator opportunity to advance your career in one of our regional branches, with a generous increase in pay.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
If you’re passionate about agriculture and a career with farm machinery, you’re on the right track. You’ll also need:
- Good results from Year 12.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- An agricultural background or genuine interest in ag.
- A natural mechanical ability and a good understanding of how machinery works.
- An honest, outgoing nature where you give your best, own your work and expect to learn something new every day.